Prescription Drugs without a Doctor
Compare Microzide Prices
Price per pill, $
Microzide Without a Prescription
Microzide is a diuretic. Microzide increases the amount of urine passed, which causes the body to lose salt and water. Microzide is also reduces the swelling and water retention caused by various medical conditions, such as heart, liver, or kidney disease. Microzide is prescribed to treat high blood pressure.
Microzide is contraindicated if you have any of the following conditions:
- Immune system problems, like lupus;
- Kidney disease or kidney stones;
- Liver disease;
- Small amount of urine or difficulty passing urine;
- An unusual or allergic reaction to Microzide, sulfa drugs, other drugs, foods, dyes, or preservatives;
- Pregnant or trying to get pregnant;
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to Microzide, sulfa drugs, or any other drugs.
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications you are taking, especially other medicines for high blood pressure, anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen (Motrin, Nuprin) or naproxen (Aleve), corticosteroids (e.g., prednisone), lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid), medications for diabetes, probenecid (Benemid), and vitamins. If you also are taking cholestyramine or colestipol, take it at least 1 hour after Microzide.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had diabetes, gout, or kidney, liver, thyroid, or parathyroid disease.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking Microzide, call your doctor immediately.
- If you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking Microzide.
- You should know that this drug may make you drowsy. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how this drug affects you.
- Remember that alcohol can add to the drowsiness caused by this drug.
Do not take Microzide with any of the following drugs:
- Drugs for blood pressure;
- Drugs for diabetes;
- Drugs that relax muscles for surgery;
- Other diuretics;
- Steroid drugs like prednisone or cortisone;
Microzide Side Effects
Microzide side effects that you should report to your health care professional or doctor as soon as possible:
- Allergic reactions such as skin rash or itching, hives, swelling of the lips, mouth, tongue, or throat;
- Chest pain;
- Fast or irregular heartbeat;
- Feeling faint or lightheaded, falls;
- Gout attack;
- Muscle pain or cramps;
- Pain or difficulty when passing urine;
- Pain, tingling, numbness in the hands or feet;
- Redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin, including inside the mouth;
- Unusually weak or tired;
- Blurred vision;
- Dry mouth;
- Stomach upset;
- Muscle weakness;
- Stomach pain;
- Upset stomach;
- Loss of appetite;
- Hair loss;
- Sore throat with fever;
- Unusual bleeding or bruising;
- Severe skin rash with peeling skin;
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing;